It's the 21st century but Nigeria still lives in a dark age



"Brother Abbey give me money, I have been asking you for this for quite a while now," said one of my street brother named Taiye.
I replied him saying "I have no money now, you know I am not working now" and to my surprise, the next thing he said was "shebi you said you are hustling online, haven't those your Maga paid you". "Maga" is a common term used to denote people defrauded. This came as a shock as I could not believe my ears, someone linking me to an internet criminal.

Then it dawns on me that our society has termed most people working online as internet fraudsters and they are not to be blamed. The level of exposure of people to online platforms that makes it easy for people to earn while putting their hours online working while at home still seems like a fairytale to most individuals. In fact, they will call you "wire wire", that is a term used for fraudsters who deceitfully do a clean transfer from unsuspecting client's account to an untraceable account.

Then I sat Taiye down and explained to him that the world is changing and anyone could work online if he/she posses the set skills. I even buttressed to him that most traditional jobs could now be executed online from the comfort of the operator rooms. The pressure to be the best has driven more organisations into investing huge on making their wares trend online. Reason being that online platforms reach a wider audience with little stress and in record time.

A lot could also be done online to earn an honest living and it could even be seen as a career path to many. The rate at which people buys and sells daily on the internet is growing even further and the surprising truth is that both sellers and buyers don't even have to meet in person to discuss the terms of the deal.

The shortcut to earning online is firstly being good at something, followed next is the connection with people who will need such products or services. Learn a trade or a skill, they will always be a market full of people who needs those skills online. Funny enough, working online might not affect your 7 am to 9 pm jobs. So the mentality of everyone being a fraudster just because they are mostly online should be flushed and eradicated from the way we think.

Thanks for reading.
Feedbacks on the article will be highly appreciated.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts